Outline of report shared by the elders in both Sunday AM Services.
- The elders have continued to meet, pray, and make important decisions regarding the lead minister position and the future structure of staff at Tyro.
- We have been blessed with good preaching during the transition and anticipate that God will continue to meet our needs in this area throughout the process regardless of how long it takes.
- The elders have finalized the job description and are in the final stages of salary/benefit structures.
- The elders have reached out to an extensive network of contacts throughout the region and obtained over 30 possible candidates.
- The elders are watching sermons of each prospective candidate and conducting an initial “pre-evaluation” of how we feel they would fit with Tyro measured against the qualities that have already been defined.
- During our next meeting we will begin narrowing down a list of candidates based on this process. At that point we will begin to reach out to prospective candidates to make initial contacts. We don’t know how many of them will have interest or will be feasible options. We will begin scheduling interviews when we feel that God has led us to this point. This will most likely lead to the shift from preparation to active recruitment phase.
- We continue to ask for prayers. We want God to lead us and give us a clear path. We continue to ask for patience and to allow a thorough and purposeful process to yield the best possible candidate to serve in the lead minister position at Tyro.